Sweet Potato Chocolate Pudding -
Guilt-Free, Gluten Free Treat
This naturally sweet treat is perfect for those moments when you simply want something sweet and preferably chocolatey… imagine all of that and a bunch of vitamins, minerals, fibre, anti-oxidants… even the cinnamon regulates blood sugar… if this pudding was any healthier you probably wouldn’t want to eat it!
- 1 banana, mashed well
- 1 avocado, mashed well
- 2 dates, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp of cold mashed sweet potato from your Batch Cooked Sweet Potato, mashed very well and seasoned with salt
- 6 squares of quality (preferably organic) 85% cacao dark chocolate
- Half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Chopped nuts and some fresh fruit to serve
Make the Magic
- Fill a pan halfway with water and bring to a boil.
- Place a tight-fitting bowl over the pan and reduce heat to a simmer
- Add the squares of chocolate to the bowl, stir until melted then add cinnamon
- Remove the bowl from the heat and allow the chocolate to cool slightly (you can do this quickly by placing the bowl in another bowl filled with cold water)
- When the chocolate is cooled but still viscous, add the mashed potato, banana, avocado and chopped dates. Mix together really well until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
Transfer into small bowls or spoon onto plates and refrigerate until slightly set.
Serve chilled with fresh fruit, chopped nuts and no guilt.