This is such a quick dish to rustle up for lunch, with just a few flavourful ingredients making a big impact.
Courgette/Zuchini are a fab replacement for pasta and even quicker to prepare.
Ingredients – per person
- 1 courgette / zuchini
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 handful pine nuts, toasted
- 1 handful fresh basil, chopped
- 1 TBSP nutritional yeast for a vegan option (I used it for this dish as pictured) or grated parmesan or other cheese if you prefer
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
Make the Magic
- If your pine nuts are not already toasted, get them going in a saute pan on a high heat. Shake them around regularly until browned and then transfer to your serving dish.
- Top and tail and then slice your courgette/zuchini lengthways with a vegetable peeler to create thin slices.
- Heat some olive oil in the pan on a medium heat and add the courgette/zuchini slices and garlic. Saute for a few minutes until the courgette slices soften a little then remove from the heat.
- Add the chopped basil, nutritional yeast or cheese to the pan and mix well.
- Transfer to your serving dish and toss with the pine nuts.
- Season to taste and enjoy!