This soup contains lots of immunity-strengthening compounds thanks to the garlic, onion, ginger and cinnamon. Shiitake mushrooms are known for their healing and restorative properties, and goji berries are packed with VitaminC and anti-oxidants – these are not only essential for fighting colds, they are necessary for building healthy muscles. Miso soup is a convenient source of easily-digestible protein and essential minerals from the added sea vegetables. This recipe is great to use leftovers from the Oriental Prawn Voodles recipe.
- Leftovers from Oriental Prawn Voodles dinner recipe
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- 6 Shiitake mushrooms or any dark-skin mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried goji berries
- Handful of kale, finely chopped
- 1 sachet of instant miso soup dissolved in ½ pint boiled water, or ½ pint of stock
Make The Magic
- Add all the ingredients to the Miso Soup liquid.
- You can either heat through in a pan to eat immediately, or transfer to a container to heat up later.
- Serve with a handful of fresh sprouting seeds/beans