Sweet Potato Baked Fries -
Healthier Than Your Average Fries
These sweet potato fries are unbelievably tasty! Try them and I bet you will prefer them to regular white potato fries.
They are super-easy to make, full of flavour and friendly on your blood sugar and digestion.
- 2 raw sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, avocado oil or coconut oil
Make the Magic
- Preheat your oven to 220c / 425F
- First cut the potatoes in half. Then cut these halves into ½ inch/1cm slices lengthways. Then cut each of these slices into even slices that resemble French fries.
- Put them in a bowl, drizzle the oil in and mix them thoroughly to coat the fries evenly.
- Transfer the fries to a foil-lined baking sheet and pop in the middle of the oven.
- Bake them for 20 minutes or so, until they are slightly browned. Keep an eye on them at the 15minute mark as all ovens vary, and they may take a little longer depending on your oven
- Remove when cooked, season with sea salt and pepper if required and try to wait until they’ve cooled a little to devour them!
Tip: These [un]fries are amazing with a simple dip of natural yoghurt or sour cream. You can add herbs such as coriander (cilantro) or dill to the yoghurt and they also taste great with a little curry powder mixed in with the dip.